I'm so blessed to know someone like Miae.
When things get really tough, when i'm being tugged at on all sides, its always warming, comforting to know i'm still making a difference to at least someone's life. Making someone admire me for me. This year has changed my life.
I am certainly not the person i was in August 2009. For that, i am thankful for everyone i have met, everyone who has helped me learn more about myself, helped me grow into a strong person who can stand up for herself and represent the image of good, of inspiration. I try to be that person, yet i know i have had to sacrifice parts of me from my past-i feel as though i've grown for the better. I know more now, theres so much out there-so much that ONE person can do. So much that i know i can do. I want to be someone others can look up towards, i want to be a symbol for strong women in the field of education, field of work, and life as a whole.
To be this.. i need to keep my mind free and heart open to continuously learn more from everyone who enters my life, entering in my hopes-to stay. There are things that may be out of your control from time to time, yet there are the most important things, the most important people-that you can keep close to you. They are the people you call family, and the people you hold dear to your heart as your close friends.. the people who respect and understand your growth.. not ones who may deny your right to grow.
"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow"
- Alice Walker
I don't know what i'm saying anymore, but sometimes i feel empty and full at the same time. Full in that my time and efforts are being put into good use that is above myself. Empty in that sometimes loneliness creeps in.
NOW PLAYING: Paramore - The Only Exception
No comments:
Post a Comment