My friends are the people who have known me so long, they like me for me, and I appreciate them for their qualities. I would describe my friends as people I love. My friends describe me as someone who has grown a lot within the past year. I do not shy away by never taking chances. My friends think I’m confident; I would like to say I agree with this entirely but I know it’s not completely true. I have become self-assured now, but I wasn’t always. My friends do not see that my confidence is grounded in a fair amount of insecurity. However, I am aware of my insecurities-I don’t ignore them; therefore I know I’m strong enough to overcome them. Even though they will always be there to nag me from time to time, I don’t let them bring me down.
My confidence is something I will always have to work on. I will always be battling different insecurities such as physical appearance or the hesitation to try something new. However these are certain human qualities I know I can never deny or hide because they're the truth. I understand now that people see me as someone who’s confident because I accept and address my flaws. Human flaws beget human experience, for in order to learn-we have to accept that fact that we will make mistakes. With that, I feel like there’s strength in knowing my weakness. That knowledge allows me to work harder to accomplish my goals, and through that I become more and more confident in all the things I do.
My friends also think I’m focused, relentless, that I underestimate myself, but am uniquely driven by passion. I do agree with this because I think these traits make up a large part of who I am. I’m always persevering to accomplish things in my life. It is true to an extent that I underestimate myself because I know I judge myself to a higher degree of standard than anyone else-only because I want to give and do my best.
Although I am often frustrated by the fact that I cannot please everyone, I'm strong enough to admit that and it drives me to work hard. I care about the people and things in my life, and when I do something, I do it with my heart - passion is my fuel. The simple fact that I care and want to make a difference has instilled in me the will to never give up on anything I set out to do. I know I have a lot to give, a lot of love to share, influence to spread, and knowledge to gain. Over time, as I continue to work on my confidence, I know that my passion for life will lead me to great lengths.
No comments:
Post a Comment